Get Our Free Digital Marketing & Operations 7 Point Plan
To discuss how we can help your business, click “Contact Us“
If 2020’s been torrid for your business and you’re questioning how best to position your business to benefit from the easing of lockdown, read our Digital Marketing & Operations 7 Point Checklist; many of the activities are free! Normally provided as part of a 4-figure arrangment.
- How Ready Is Your Local Business?
- Readiness – Digital Marketing & Operations Checklist – 7 Point Plan
- Timing Is Critical
There’s no doubting it, the first half of 2020 has been tough for many people and many local businesses. Even the large organisations haven’t been immune. Some companies have been able to continue operating, albeit, under slightly different operational terms to the start of the year.
If you’re a small or medium-sized business, chances are, recent events have negatively impacted you. If you’ve been able to re-purpose your products or services, hopefully, that’ll provide you with a continued and additional revenue stream as we move forward. However, if you’ve been treading water, waiting for the general opening up, we’re almost there. As we move through into July and beyond, different sectors of our economy can re-open. With the easing of the lockdown, is your business ready?
Timing, as always, is going to be critical. Take action, within the next 3 to 4 months, maximum, to set yourself up to benefit from what’s coming. Make sure you have a plan. Sit on the sidelines and watch and, you’ll be looking back on this period and regretting not having taken the right action.
How ready are you and is your business, to embrace the re-opening? Other than stabilising the finances over the last few months, were you able to review your business, your marketing, taken a closer look at what was and wasn’t working, and, for the latter, identify remedial action? If you’re struggling with what you can do and experience, “analysis paralysis”, i.e. lots of options, but you just not sure where to focus your time and resource, read on.
Whether you did or did not, it doesn’t matter. This article talks to a series of 7 measure you can take to ready your digital marketing and business moving forward. Take the checklist to compare what you have done and if you’ve gaps, plug accordingly. Alternatively, if you’re looking at a nearly blank sheet of paper, you’ll certainly want to read on.
Thankfully, while activity in the non-essential areas may have been quiet and, as a general statement, people are still being paid, there’s a likely pent up demand. Just look at the queues from early in the morning for those stores that opened on mid-June.
Resources are scarce at the best of times, let alone over a period of 3 to 4 months inactivity, where few people are out and about making purchasing decisions. Are your digital marketing activities and operational processes in a good place to make the most of the easing of the lockdown?
A summarised version can be viewed in the video below.
Click on the image below, to be taken to download a fuller copy of our FREE Digital Marketing & Operation 7 Point Checklist.
This cheatsheet sets out in a simple framework, across 7 areas, steps that you can take, right away, to put your business in a great place. Some of the items are free; others are actions that you can take right away and leverage existing material. A summary of the seven topics:
- Google My Business (GMB) – this is a free service provided by Google, where you can promote your business. There are several benefits immediately available:
- It’s free for one!
- Claiming your business, tells Google that you’re a genuine business, which will help with organic traffic; i.e. the result of people typing in your product/service into Google vs a Paid Ad.
- It’s a definite must-have for local businesses as it helps when people are searching for nearby services.
- This is key. You need to know the value to your business of every client, whether this is as a one-off purchaser or repeat business.
- Equally, ensure that your digital marketing budget, what your able to spend, is realistic. Setting an unrealistic spend will result in reduced returns.
- Market Position
- Are you clear and more importantly, is your target market, aware of you, knows why they should buy from you, rather than your competitors?
- Digital / Social Media Management
- Are you actively engaged with your potential market and, critically, listening and then engaging?
- Tech & Processes
- There is a multitude of tech and systems out there, of varying prices and subscription models, providing most businesses with an excellent way to align the front and back-office activities.
- Set up a structured approach to follow up and, where possible, maximise the use of technology; this will save you a load of time moving forward.
- Marketing Material
- Ensure that you have, informative, engaging content, that addresses the questions your dream clients are asking. Don’t be shouting about your product or service. Instead, position your solution that addresses their issue.
- At a minimum, you need engaging content, with regular new material added. Ensure your business name, address, and phone number are consistent across all your digital assets.
- Check the load speed of your site and similarly, check the density of the keywords used. There are free resources that will tell you this, e.g. https://gtmetrix.com/ and https://smallseotools.com/keyword-density-checker/ respectively.
Timing. There’s a somewhat unique opportunity as we collectively move forward with the easing of the restrictions that have been in place for much of the year, Now’s a good time to reset and, if you’re serious about your business, position yourself for success.
Unfortunately, there will be some that don’t make it through the next few months, that’s a harsh commercial reality. Their customers, however, are still seeking solutions to their challenges. Set your business up to capitalise on this period, and you will see substantial returns over the next 12 to 18 months. This opportunity is not going to be around for too long, 3 to 6 months, at best. It’s imperative to take action now.
If you’re serious about your business and would like a copy of our FREE Digital Marketing & Operations 7 Point Checklist. Click here >> Get Me My Copy << to download the fuller checklist.
All are steps that you and your business can take starting today. Some are FREE and require knowledge and detail you already know; others, are more specific and you’ll most likely need to speak to a local digital media team. If you’d prefer to discuss further or engage the DMS team directly, to help ready your digital marketing and operations to capitalise on this period, don’t delay, Contact Us today.
#easinglockdown #internetmarketingservicesnearme #digitalmarketing #digitalmarketingagency #digitalmarketingservicesuk #digitalmarketingagencyservices #digitalmarketingnearme #digitalmarketingstrategyservice #digitalmarketingtypes #businessreadiness